If you are a pastor or lead people in any way, criticism is a fact of life. We can learn from our critics or we can turn criticism into carnage.
Here are five ways to do that.
- Cut yourself off from everybody who criticizes you. Stay far, far away from them. They are idiots so avoid them at all costs
- Believe every criticism. It’s all true, every juicy morsel of it. Believe every word of it. Make it personal. Think about it all the time.
- Disregard every criticism. Since your critics are idiots, what comes out of their mouth is infused with globs of “idiotness.” You are a pastor, God’s anointed, a ‘called out one’ who walks with God and talks with God and knows a lot about the bible and stuff.
- When someone criticizes you, argue them down, theologize, quote the bible, use lofty logic. Make THEM realize they are idiots.
- Demand that your leaders, staff, and boards tell you only what you want to hear. If they have a criticism, tell then to STUFF IT.
Do you have any criticism to carnage suggestions?